Passover Matzo Brittle - Bo & Ty Style
- 4-5 matzo pieces
- 1 cup firmly packed dark brown sugar
- 2 sticks (1 cup) unsalted butter
- 1 cup of nut-free semi-sweet chocolate chips (such as Enjoy Life)
- 1/2 cup of Chocolate Discs, crumbled
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Line baking sheet with aluminum foil. Place matzo in one layer on the baking sheet, breaking when necessary, to fill the pan completely.
- In a large sauce pan, melt the butter and brown sugar over medium heat, stirring constantly. Once the mixture reaches a boil, cook for an additional 3 minutes until thickened. Remove from heat and pour mixture over the matzo, spreading in an even layer using the back of a spoon.
- Put the pan in the oven, then immediately turn the heat down to 350 degrees F. Bake for 15 minutes, watching to make sure it doesn't burn.
- Remove from the oven and immediately sprinkle the chocolate chips over the pan. Let sit for 5 minutes, then spread the now-melted chocolate evenly over the caramel using the back of a spool.
- Pour the crumbled chocolate discs over the melted chocolate.
- Once completely cool, break into smaller pieces.