5 TIPS FOR TRICK OR TREATING WITH YOUR NUT ALLERGIC CHILD
1. Instruct your child not to open or taste any treats while trick or treating. Tell her to wait until she is home and you can check labels carefully.
2. Have your child wear an allergy bracelet and a visible sticker on the outside of his costume that clearly states his
allergy to alert trick or treat givers of his situation. We like these by Allermates:
3. Carry hand wipes just in case your child accidentally comes into contact with the unsafe allergen.
4. Carry 2 doses of epinephrine, Benadryl and a charged phone.
5. Bring a handful of Bo & Ty Sweets Dabs, nut-free treats that you can trade with your child whenever she receives unsafe treats during the night. Keep extra Dabs at home to continue trading after trick or treating comes to an end.